Upcoming exhibition in Berlin!

Excited to be part of this exhibition that is due to start in less than 2 weeks. It's the first time I've shown my work in Europe.

For details of all the other amazing artist that are involved check out the preview here



It's about time
acrylic on gesso board, 2015
16 x 16 inches, 40 x 40 cm

Here's my statement about the piece:
At the moment as an artist time is so precious to me. I feel there is so much more I need to do, so many experiments to carry out, all those ideas I need to explore fully. Time is always playing such a crucial limiting role.

Still life contrasts with our lives today which are dynamic, moving and constantly shifting. There is definitely a strange irony in my work. I’m forced to notice - and hopefully I make the viewer stop and look at the beauty and complexity of an object. There should always be time for this in our lives, to take in the beauty that surrounds us.

I’m trying to suspend time, but it is still a reminder of our mortality, transience, and that things will fade and pass. It starts to become painfully obvious that time is precious.

Comments

Popular Posts