New year, new ideas and series

The new year is here, and I've just completed my diptych, Duality of the mind. It's my homage to Bowie, and one of music's most iconic images, the album cover for 'Aladdine Sane'.

" This "schizophrenia," as Bowie describes it, is conveyed on the cover of Aladdin Sane by his glitter makeup: A lightning bolt bisects the singer's face. (Bowie, however, would later tell friends that the "lad insane" of the album's title track was inspired by his brother Terry, who had been diagnosed as a schizophrenic.)

Here are some images and details of the pair.

Duality of the mind, diptych
Part one & two
acrylic, graphite and gold leaf on gesso board, 2011
14 x 18 inches, 35.6 x 45.7 cm

 


 


I have lots of ideas for a new series about the moon that I can't wait to start. It's almost I have too many ideas and I want to paint then all at once!

Comments

Popular Posts